I got an email today about meeting cancellation due to public holiday.
(Thinking to myself) Oh! It’s holiday tomorrow meh???
Still not convinced, I turn around to ask the rest.
Indeed, it’s really a public holiday …. and I WASN’T EVEN exhilarated, not even a tiny bit.
OK, since tomorrow holiday, I must REMEMBER not to come back to work lor.
I think I got ZERO points (零蛋) when it comes to remembering public holidays.
Maybe I’m too engrossed with my work?
Maybe I shouldn’t have taken too much eggs? (蛋).
nah … no matter what, I really want to give try at the Tea Leaf Egg (茶葉蛋)
- star anise
- sichuan peppers
- chinese black tea bags (I used Pu Er)
1. Boil eggs for about 10mins
2. Drop in cold water to stop further cooking
3. Gently crack the surface of the eggs so as it form some sort of nice random patterns
4. Put star anise, sichuan pepper, chinese tea bags into soup bag
5. Boil the soup bag in water that enough to cover the eggs, add pinch of salt
6. When the water turns dark, turn down fire
7. Add eggs & simmer for about an hour?
I think that’s all. A difference with usual recipe is that I have exclude dark soy sauce here. Not only it will taste simpler & lighter, it also does not masked out the taste & aroma of spices & tea. Besides, the random artfully designs formed by cracks on the eggs will also be more distinct.
!!!HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!
p.s: And YES, I will surely continue with my trip to Sarawak, Kuching on my next post